Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's a BOY!!!

Well, we finally got the sonogram results and "it" is a BOY!!! :) So, now we can call him Baby Boy Campbell until we decide on a name. We were so pleased to get several pictures today (I only posted a few) and it looks like everything is going well and in the right place for our little guy. The heart was beating great, strong looking spine and head and lips looked good too (no cleft lip). The sonographer took lots of measurements and pointed out several of the main bones which all looked great. Baby measured a little higher in some places, but overall at 19wks 2days, which puts us at 40 weeks the first week of February. (Feb. 7th I think!??) Anyways, we're not too worried about the due date because we know he will come when he's ready, but since many of you have been asking about it that's what we came up with. :)
For Mom (oh yes, that's ME!), I received the regular flu shot today. (still hoping H1N1 vaccine doesn't make it to the market for awhile cuz I'm not ready to take that one) My BP was 112/68 which was GREAT! Weighed in at 3 more lbs. gain, which avgs 1 lb. a week which I think is great. Overall, I have gained 6 lbs. at this point and we will be at week 20 on Saturday, so halfway!! Yay! :) We also checked in with the Dr about insurance coverage etc. for delivery only to find out that my Merck insurance would cover everything 100% except for my $250 hospital co-pay.... too bad that insurance expires Oct. 31st... bummer. So, I let her know about my new insurance with Aetna/Study Island and I have a $1000 deductible and then will owe 20% after that so as long as no C-section or anesthesia pretty cheap. We were happy to have an idea of what to plan for though.
Update on Dad (Mike) he was thrilled with the news!! (Would have been either way) He is excited to carry on the Campbell family name in our son. Now to focus on coming up with our baby boy's cute little name.... I think he's glad that boys are cheaper in the long run than girls, but that's just the Financial-Man in him thinking. ;) So, overall we are SOOOO very excited about our son and look forward to finally narrowing down some choices and doing some big planning. Yay!! Enjoy the some sono pictures posted below.
~Emily
Baby Boy Campbell with his hand in the air

Between the legs shot bottoms up (It's a BOY!)

Profile shot of precious baby BOY Campbell


5 comments:

John and Chrishtan said...

Congrats friend!

Collin and Marisa said...

Congratulations!! Baby boy Campbell is already blessed with wonderful parents! Hopefully he and Cade will meet and become good friends.

Kristin 'Pritchard' Frisbie said...

Ahhhhh! I am so excited for y'all!!! Precious baby boy, that is so fantastic! I'm so excited to hear potential baby names!

Vivian said...

YAY!!! As the only Aunt and Uncle on the Campbell side we couldn't be happier or more excited to meet this little guy!
Love, Vivian & Matt

Scott and Steph Wenz said...

congrtulations! I am so excited for you and can't believe you are halfway there! It goes by so fast trust me!