Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baby Stuff

So, since my last update we received some more really cute stuff for our little boy from Mike's parents and from a family friend, The Lails, who live in Oklahoma. You'll understand why I mention Oklahoma when you see the pictures below. I have to say we personally feel that our little guy is going to grow up to be a Horned Frog, so it will be rather difficult to put him in one of these outfits, but for pictures sake I'm sure we can make it happen just once. ;) Bob (FIL) bought us a cute little baby journal to keep track of pre and post baby stats and family stuff. It is really such a cute gift and I am excited to start writing in it. Linda (MIL) purchased a cute little outfit with a dinosaur riding a bicycle that says "going to grandma's". It is so precious and I'm sure he will get good use out of it. From the Lails we got a gift basket with an outfit, receiving blanket, washcloths, bibs, booties, etc. all in blues and browns. It is sooo cute! Also the OU outfits and some precious toy blocks that I think he will really enjoy. I feel like we are already being so spoiled with things for the little guy and he's not even here yet!! I can't wait until we get around to starting on the nursery and actually organizing his stuff. I'm going to have to buy some cute little baby hangers to start hanging up his clothes in the closet.

TCU Football- Since our last post TCU had its first home football game vs. Texas State (formerly known as SWT). We won a lovely 56-21, although we shouldn't have let them get even the 21. While we did win by 5 touchdowns we were pretty disappointed with the sloppy performance of our defense. Come on D, let's get it together! Hopefully they step up their game for the next game this Saturday that is at Clemson. GO FROGS!! While at the game we met up with our friends the Turners who lived near us in San Antonio. They have an almost 4 month old and brought her to her first TCU game. She has grown so much since we saw her last and has the cutest smile. Kalli was also generous in loaning me her maternity clothes, which has been so much fun having a new wardrobe to go through. Thanks Kalli!

Also, there were two births important in my life last week. On Wednesday, Mariann Weathers had her little boy, Logan James Weathers. He is such a cutie and Mom and baby are doing great and adjusting to life at home. Then on Friday, my cousin Leigh had her little baby girl, Cassidy Kaye Smith. I am excited to have a new cousin and I know that she and baby boy Campbell "BBC" will be great friends. The family dynamics at Christmas and Easter parties is sure going to change next year with 4 babies in our family under the age of two.... Should be fun! :) Also, Lauren is supposed to find out the gender of Baby Keene on October 7th, so I know they are anxious to find out and Mike and I are excited to find out if we will have a niece or nephew. We are both kind of thinking niece though. ;)

Only one more week until my birthday, hard to believe how fast September is flying by. This Saturday I am having my birthday shopping day with Mimi (soon to be Great-Mimi) in the morning, followed by Kristen LaBoon's baby shower from 2-4pm, then chaperoning SK's Victory that evening. Mike will be busy with the guys doing a tour of the Rahr Brewery followed by college football game watching at the Flying Saucer. On Sunday, after church we are having my family birthday lunch at Mimi's since Mom & Dad will be out of town over my birthday. Overall, should be a busy, but fun weekend!



Prayer requests: Continued health of for baby & me, Sara DuBose recovering after bone marrow transplant this week, all the new Moms continued rest and guidance with their newborns, Mike's co-worker Mark's 4 yr old son Mark Jr, who had a stroke on Thursday, & friend of the Bassett's (Dane family) who has a baby boy who was born 2 1/2 months early and had to have brain surgery this week. *We lift all these up to you, Lord and pray your healing hands, peace, & grace on their lives. Amen

Matt Turner and his little girl, Emma

Matt and Mike a little before the TCU vs. TxState game

Kalli and Baby Emma

My new cousin Cassidy Kaye Smith

Me with baby Cassidy

"BBC's" new outfit from the Campbells

Full view of the cute new outfit

Baby Journal Grandpa Bob picked out for BBC

Adorable baby gift basket from The Lails

Soft toy blocks from The Lails
Controversial onesies also from The Lails ;)

2 comments:

Annabelle Hendrix said...

So stinkin cute! But I agree, that sweet little horned frog just can't wear that OU stuff around... It's just not right... ;)

Collin and Marisa said...

I love all the cute baby items! It is so exciting that so many of your family members have and are having kids around the same time you are. It's also neat that many of our friends are having kids too. There will be lots of fun play dates in the future!