Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Officially Fall

Well, as of today it is officially Fall. Does it feel like it? No. It is 92 degrees outside, but they are predicting a nice cool front (low 60's-mid 70's high) starting next week.  I'm crossing my fingers it makes it here!  Luckily, our area has had a few nice showers and large clouds lately keeping us cooler than the rest of DFW (like 88-89 ha!) Ryan has all kinds of Fall/Winter clothes in 9 month and 12 month sizes that I am anxious to get him into.  A few of the one piece 9 month outfits we will be cutting it close as the length on those says range up to 28.5" and he was 28 inches at 6 months so I'm thinking he's probably already there or past it by now.  I also have several cute Fall decorations that I'd like to put out, but I just can't bear the thought of it while it's so warm. 

This week there has been an addition to the Campbell Family.  Matt and Vivian (Mike's brother and sis-in-law) just gave birth to their son Charlie earlier this week.  He is so cute and we are excited that he and Ryan will be close in age so that they can play together at family get-togethers as they grow up.  He was 7lb 8oz and 20".  I was only a day off on my guess for his "birth date", but was way off on length (I guessed 22" bc that was Matt's birth length) and I'm not sure what I put for weight, but I think about 8 lbs.  Probably because Ryan was so big. I guessed Charlie would be a little smaller though. I went up to visit them in the hospital the day after he was born and enjoyed some along time with him and M&V while Ryan played at Grammy's house with cousin Naomi.  They have since gone home and had their first night alone with him.  Please keep them in your prayers as the first few weeks are always trying and tiring for new parents.

Finally made a trip to Babies 'R' Us today to buy more stuff for baby proofing our house.  Whew! That stuff sure adds up. It's always such an adventure to get out there and back. I love all the things they have there, but hate having to drive Cooper in Arlington- BLAH!!  Anyways, he now has crib guards which I love the one that I bought- so easy to install and looks nice!  Also, fireplace guards- still working on that and adding to the Daddy-do list will be the cabinet latches.  What a pain! I bought two 12pk containers and we'll see how far that gets us.  I decided against any of the toilet latches or door knob things b/c frankly I don't want to mess with them.  I think I'll be better about keeping an eye on my child where he is never unattended in a bathroom and it'll be awhile before he reaches door knobs. (We have the round ones too which I've heard is harder for them to figure out)  Also, I didn't have to buy any table corner guards b/c I thought ahead to babies being next in our lives and bought round coffee/dining tables! Yay me! :) Already have outlet covers in just about all the plugs. (maybe a few missing) Next on the list will be the gates. I'm still researching them and there is a coupon that will be good for 20% off starting next week so I didn't purchase them just yet. I need 2 to start with and we'll see if we need any others from there.

Oh yeah, Mom and Dad finally moved into their new house! Yay! It's a little less than 20 minutes from us, so saves us 20 minutes from the previous drive.  I will miss driving to Candleridge and knowing that area so well, but I'm happy they are close so it's easier to pop in for a visit every now and then.  Mom's already got a good handle on unpacking and decorating. It's neat to see their furniture in a new set up, and so far everything is looking great! I think that's all I have time for now and gets everyone caught up just a little bit.  Enjoy the first week of Fall.

Love, Emily

No comments: