Thursday, May 7, 2009

Patience

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." Romans 8:25

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry." Psalms 40:1

This week is all about patience. I believe that the Lord is trying to teach Mike and me to be patient in certain situations and to trust fully in Him to provide. We are at a bit of a stand-still with the house. It is funny when you hear "short sale" one might imagine that the process would happen quickly to get a property off of the bank's books. Instead, it seems to take much longer than a regular purchase because the bank has to run a bunch of numbers and gets to make all the decisions. So, being pre-qualified and ready to close at any time doesn't seem to get you very far. Thus, we must be satisfied that everything will work out and if we are supposed to have the property then it will happen, and if not then the Lord will provide something else. So often we feel like we have to think ahead and plan and prepare, but the Lord has always provided blessings for us before, so why would he not do the same now?? It is much easier to say than to do. A small set-back with my job interview this week as well. The company had some things come up and have post-poned it to a later date. They will likely let me know in the next week or two.

Until then, I am back in San Antonio and happy to be back with Mike. :) For the remainder of the week, I have planned a lot of hedging around our landscaping in the front of the house, and perhaps pulling some weeds from the flowerbed. Friday, we are meeting with two of our closest friends in San Antonio, John & Kristy Wood for dinner as well as to catch up on their 2 week European vacation. Saturday, our friends Matt & Kalli Turner are having a "couples" baby shower. I haven't seen Kalli in months, and she is due in June so I am anxious to see how great she looks and how much the baby has grown.

Today is the National Day of Prayer, so please take a few moments out of your day to say a prayer for the leaders of our country as well as those in the military fighting for us. Have a great week!

~Emily

1 comment:

Scott and Steph Wenz said...

This is so true in many aspects of life! I remember last summer when Scott and I had so many things up in the air with our move and jobs. It drove me crazy simply not knowing! It took me a very long time to just let God make it happen instead of me wanting to control everything! It is amazing how things work out in life! I will pray for patience for you and Mike and that this process speeds up! This house is yours!